Friday, January 16, 2009

What a week!

Man, this week has gone by so slowly. I looked forward to Friday all week and it ended up being the worst day yet.

Classes are going well. I have actually understood everything we've covered in Chemistry so far and even kinda almost somewhat like it. :) We finished the 2nd chapter today and have our first test next Friday. My instructor told us this morning that usually only 1 out of 3 students pass CHM 094! Thanks for the encouragement, Barnabus. I'm determined to be that 1 out of 3 and I'd just like to see him stop me. Anatomy is going well too. It's a little more in depth than BIO 163 was but it's basically the same information. I'll definately need to keep studying but at least it's familiar to me. That helps tremendously.

Work is ok. I was only scheduled for 8 hours this week. Corporate cut the hours given to our store to schedule employees and so all the part-time employees have been cut back to 9 hours (or less) a week. I was scheduled for 4 1/2 hours next week but gave mine to Lauren so I could go see RENT with Tiffy in Durham. (We're very excited!) I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to keep working till April, as planned or to just leave now. It would be easier if someone would just decide for me. :) Anyone?

I had a little scare today. I was coming come from paying the power bill and was sitting at the stoplight in front of Adam's car wash on G'ville Blvd. The light was red (thus the sitting) and I saw the car in front of me moving forward. I thought she was going, so I went.....she wasn't going....and I abruptly stopped going too. Scary. I got out to see if she was ok and she was already on the phone with the police. She was alone, and I was alone and we were both ok. We waited for the police (while holding up traffic and watching all of the thoughtful and caring people driving by honking at us). Only one person asked if we were ok. Gotta' love Greenville. Ugh. Anyway, everyone's ok and cars can be fixed. I called the nurse at the OBGYN to see if she thought I should get checked out. I've not had any cramps or spotting and Josh is moving like usual so she said just to take it easy, monitor myself and to call if something changes.

Matthew wrecked his car while working last week and then I had my little fender bender today....Robert: be careful!! Our poor mother can't handle news of another car accident! :)

Speaking of Joshua, he's growing like a weed! My baby bump has just sprouted in the past week or two. It's crazy!! Other people are starting to notice that I'm pregnant and not just chubby. ;) That's fun. :)

Have a good weekend everybody. I'm off to nest....uh, I mean rest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment