Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 26!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last wrote on here. Nothing exciting happens around here. :)



I had my 26 week check-up at the OBGYN today. I did the glucose test and will get the results from that soon. They gave us our hospital pre-registration packet. Lots of good info about visitors, types of rooms and classes offered. They measured my belly for the first time. She said I measured 27 weeks. David keeps saying Josh will be a big baby and I DO NOT want to hear that!!! :) We heard Joshua's heartbeat again. Strong and steady! I'm amazed every time I hear it. I had a few questions for the midwife and got them all answered. Our results from the Downs test came back normal. We've been so blessed through all of this. Joshua is the most prayed for little man!!! He's getting more active and has been kicking harder. Sunday during church he kicked me right by my ribs and I jumped! I wasn't expecting it and it surprised me. He moves a lot during class which is distracting because I want to pay attention to him moving but need to focus on class. He moves a lot right before bedtime and goes crazy when David talks to him. We've been listening to his heartbeat with a stethoscope and he tolerates the poking a prodding for a few minutes and then starts poking and prodding back! :) It's fun.



We finally got our new mattress!! It's WONDERFUL! The best money I ever spent. :) My back doesn't hurt and I don't roll in the middle of the bed anymore! David still snores though......we'll have to work on that one. ;)



The sweet girls I work with are giving us a shower on the 22nd. I'm so excited!! I've gotten some things set up in Josh's room and can't wait to get the crib and changing table! I've already gotten our bedding and it's washed (in Dreft!!) and ready to go. We got the bookcase my Grandpa Hand built me when I was little and I've put books on it already.

Ok, David's making me get off here so he can restart the computer. He keeps getting hundreds of e-mails b/c of something to do with something with his new phone and this is day 4 of trying to fix it.

1 comment: