Thursday, January 5, 2012

Prayers

We've been letting Josh ask the blessing at dinner for a long while now. They say grace at school before Breakfast, Lunch and even snacks and say the standard "God is great, God is good…" prayer. It's easy for the kids to learn and teaches them to praise and thank in a prayer, which is important (in my opinion) ;) Josh will say the prayer but all he gets is "God geat, God geat, Amen." Several weeks ago I explained to Josh that when we pray we need to thank God for many things, not just our food and I know he is old enough now to say his own "real" prayers. It's been interesting for sure (it always is when he's around!) and we've gotten to hear some very authentic prayers. I haven't written all of them down (but am going to from now on) so here are some I remember and some I've written for remembering.

"Thank you for our families, for our friends, for our Jesus, our food. Amen"

"Thank you for my mommy, my daddy, my Will, my Jesus, my food. Amen" (Our friend, Will was over for dinner that night.)

"Thank you for my mommy, my daddy, my Jonathon and Sara, for Jesus, my food. Amen" (Jonathon and Sara are good friends of ours. We've become fast friends and Josh LOVES his "wiends"!!)

"Thank you for us families, for Mrs Tanya, MacKayla, Torrey Brown, Marquis, Anthony, our food. Amen." (He prayed this the first day back to school after a week long break for Christmas. Mrs Tanya is his teacher. Anthony is her husband, Marquis is her son (and Josh's favorite name, as he wants to name every new baby Marquis. MacKayla is the other child at his school and Torrey is a former classmate.)

"Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Gammy, Poppa, Gammy, Jesus, us food. Amen" (He prayed this while at Poppa and Grammy's house. Grammy was happy she got mentioned twice! ;) )



No comments:

Post a Comment