Monday, March 4, 2013

Joshisms



-- "Hey Mom, I saw a flying star!! (Shooting star)

-- Josh comes from a long line of biters. We don't bite out of anger and we just can't help it. There's something inside that tells us we just HAVE to bite. Noses, ears, toes...oh, especially baby toes! Josh has been bitten since he was born, as was I, as was my mother & her father before her. The Hall in us can't help it. Aunt Bonnie, who was a Hall & married a Hall, is the biggest biter of us all! Josh always wears a hoodie over to her house to protect his ears from her bites. ;) She had been away for a couple of weeks and when we left to go over and see her I told Josh that I bet she couldn't wait to bite his ears. Josh said, "Do Aunt Bonnie bite my ear & dat how her kiss?" Yep, that's about right!

-- Josh: Mama, is that commercial correct?
Me: Which commercial?
Josh: That one when the son says 'where do babies come from?' and the daddy says 'from up in space and they fall down from the sky' and the son says 'but mommy says babies come from a tummy and let's sing a song about a school bus'. Is it correct?

(Crazy, insane, ridiculously good memory!)

-- Josh & I were watching Rachel Ray's show the other day and she made her version of New York style nachos. She said that she loved onions and said something about piling them on a hot dog. She later referred to the hot dog as a "dog" (you know, because she abbreviates EVERYTHING) & it really bothered Josh. He said, "I wish I was there so I could tell her it's a HOT DOG."

-- "See this skateboard? It was my grandpa's and he let me have it and I been riding it a long time and it says spiderman."

-- Josh: I don't hear your heart beeping.
Me: That means I'm dead!
Josh: You are...I'm sorry.

-- After I replaced the lightbulb in Josh's closet he said, "Thank you, Mama. Thank you so much for my help."

-- "Cinderella is very beautiful. I really want to marry her."

-- Our waitress: I'll see you later.
Josh: I will see YOU lata!

-- Josh came into the salon after I had gotten my haircut. He didn't recognize me and I had to call him back over. He stared at me for a minute and said, "You didn't look like our Mommy, Mommy!"

-- "Tinkabell is my girlfriend. I think I'm gonna marry her. We're gonna get married at Disney World."

-- "Grandma, do you have any coffee drops?" (Cough drops)



No comments:

Post a Comment