Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Joshisms




-- "I spy." (In sort of a raspy voice) *ahem. Cough* "I spy. There we go." 

-- "I had a good dream and a bad dream. Two dreams. The good dream was about we went on a walk and went to fweet frog. The bad dream was about I got in a fight and was on a horse. We were fighting and then we went to fweet frog." 

-- Joshua: (When he woke up) DAD???
Me: Daddy's at work, bud. 
Joshua: I know. I said it just in case. 

-- Me: Josh, come take your Benadryl, please.
Joshua: Again? 
Me: Yep, it will help your itchies. (chigger bites are torture!)
Joshua: I'm gonna turn into a Venadryl!

-- "It's a catesuit!" (Suitcase)

-- "What day is my catch up at the doctors?" (Check up)

-- Joshua: Mom, can we watch that movie tonight?
Me: No, I don't think so. It's pretty late. 
Joshua: Dad...?
David: Josh, what did Mommy say?
Josh: Ok. Just think about it. 

-- Joshua: What kind of shoes does God wear?
Me: I don't know. 
Josh: Does He wear shoes?
Me: I don't know. I've never seen God. 
Joshua: How does your body get to Heaven when you die? Does it go up in the sky? Maybe a space shuttle takes it up there. 
Me: Your body doesn't go to Heaven. Just your soul does. 
Joshua: What is a soul?
Me: Well, it's kinda complicated but it's the part of you that makes you Josh. And my soul makes me who I am. And when you die, your body stays here and the part that makes you alive goes to Heaven. 
Joshua: But what do people in Heaven look like?
Me: I don't know. The Bible says we get new bodies. Bodies that don't ever get sick or hurt. And they're healthy and strong. 
Joshua: Oh. That's cool. 

-- Joshua: Where are you going?
Matthew: On a date. 
Joshua: I wanna go. 
Matthew: It's a romantical date. Just for me & Mae Mae. 
Joshua: I'm a man!

-- Referring to Dixie (my parent's dog) "I'm her boy. And she's my girl."

-- After Dixie laid down and yawned: "My girl is sleepy!" 

-- Joshua overheard me talking to Mama about not resting well the past few weeks and he asked: 
Josh: Is Daddy sick?
Me: No. 
Josh: Why isn't he resting well?
Me: He is. I was saying that I haven't been resting well but it's not because I'm sick.
Mama: Josh, that's good that you hear 'not resting well' and put that with being sick. Your inferencing skills are out of this world!
Josh: They're amazing?
Mama: Yes, they're amazing. 

-- Two people were baptized the other night at revival (Praise God!) and Josh always asks a lot of questions when he sees someone be baptized: 
Josh: Are they gonna get in that water?
Me: Yes, that's what you do when you get baptized. (And I explained the whole thing.)
Josh: When they come out will they be white? Or blue? Or purple?


No comments:

Post a Comment