Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Roast Beast

So, Lesley has decided that I need to work every wednesday for the next few weeks. I don't agree since wed. is my busiest day. I have class at 9, 10, lab at 12 (for 3 hours!) and then work from 5-9:30. I know that doesn't look really busy, but I'm growing a human here and am EXHAUSTED!!! :) Anyway....to try to make things easier today, I got a roast from Kroger last night. It's actually a Pork Roast KIT! Tyson makes it and it was soooo easy to make. It has a 2 lb pork roast, red potatoes, baby carrots, white onions and celery (already cut up!) and a seasoning packet (which you can omit if you'd like to make it barbecue flavored or something. I added it and it was delicious! It cooked allllll day in the crock pot and smelled so good! I'm not sure how much it would cost to buy a roast and all the fixings by themselves but this kit was $11.99 and I think it was worth it. We have veggies left over (which would be good in soup!) and roast enough for a few sandwiches, which will be lunch tomorrow. I'm very excited. :)

I got the new Kenny CD. I'm in love! I like him more and more every day! And yes, my sweet husband already knows about my obsession! haha

Not much new in baby news. We're 9 weeks along. Still waiting for the dr. visit on the 3rd. I'm so anxious to hear the heartbeat! I did go visit with Dad and Mom over fall break and got some good stuff from Ashley. I know we have a loooong way to go but it feels good to get some things out of the way. Thanks Ashley!! :)

I guess that's it for now. We're planning on going to the State Fair on the 25th! Even if my crazy family can't decide if they can get together.....we're going! I can't ride any rides b/c I'm preggers. Mom said I could hold everybody's stuff and watch them ride w/her (she gets queasy on rides) and I told her I would stand w/her and EAT! :) haha I've already decided on a menu!

3 comments:

  1. He loves you Lynn, you can come use, or borrow it ANYTIME! It will be perfect for when you are making huge batches of baby food to freeze. You know you will :) Miss you, haven't seen you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty said if you take it he will take your pots and pans for ransom :) He knows how important they are to you............he said he will threaten them with a metal spoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl- thanks so much for helping me out these past couple of days...i cant wait to be able to do that for you...love you guys take care of the little one- keep it with you at all times...hahhaha

    ReplyDelete