Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jackson Matthew Hand

My first nephew has arrived! As I was on my way to Rocky Mount to pick up Josh from Mama she called me and told me that Megan's water had broken and they were on their way to Richmond. I so wish I had packed a bag so I could have just gone up to the hospital to wait for him to arrive. :) I had Monday off and David took off work and we hit the road for the 3 hour drive.

We're going to see Jackson!

Jackson was born while we were on the road. Mama was there all night and sent me updates as she got them. We were all very excited to finally get to Richmond. Megan had been moved to a room just before we got there and we went right in. Josh helped push the elevator buttons for us. 

In the elevator.

They had Jackson in the nursery when we got upstairs and were checking him out really good. We visited with Matt & Megan while we waited for the baby to be brought back to the room. Megan looked really good, even after a long labor. Josh was entertained with some gloves. 

Dr White will see you now...
We got tired of waiting to see Jackson and walked down to the nursery to find him. Matt walked us down and we stood at the window a long time just watching him. He was very calm until the pediatrician rolled him over to check him out. Then we could hear him holler! :) Josh asked tons of questions, as usual, and said Jackson was "Cute." 

Josh and Uncle Matt

Jackson Matthew!

After watching him for a while we went back down to wait for them to bring him to the room. When he got back we all passed him around. Josh was fascinated. He held him for a long time and Jackson just laid there and was so quiet. I think they'll be good buddies. ;) 

Josh holding cousin Jackson for the first time!

Proud cousin
We checked out Jackson's long fingers and big baby feet. Josh thought his feet were funny.  

Baby piggies!

Uncle David and Jackson
I did hold him but no one got photographic evidence. :( Oh well....maybe next time. He's absolutely adorable and we're in love. 


Welcome to our family, Jackson! I pray the Lord continues to cover you with His mighty hand and you grow to become a strong man of God. I love you, kiddo! --Hen



No comments:

Post a Comment