Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing catch-up

It's been a loooong time since I gave my pitiful little blog any attention. I think it's been about 10 months. Yikes! So much has happened in those 10 months there's no way I could catch up on everything. I'm terrible about remembering things we do. I have very little childhood memories. It's kind of sad, actually. I'm just no good with the details. David will talk about somewhere we've been or something we did and I'll have no recollection of it. I need to start writing things down more. And taking more photos. I usually post Josh's little sayings and conversations to facebook so I'll have them "written down."

Josh is three now! He started a new "school" several months ago and while there was some transition time, he handled it really well and loves his teachers and classmates. He is even claiming to be in love with Ms Evie, his teacher. She's been so good to him and he has been spending his nap time just laying and staring at her. Silly boy. :) He has learned so much while there and comes home singing new songs and telling new stories. His speech has improved greatly. He never really had an issue there but has started saying his S's and L's and even some R's here and there! He sounds like a big kid now and I love the conversations we have. He is curious about everything (what toddler isn't) but sometimes he throws me off with the seriousness of a question. He's deep. It's weird. :) I've always called him an old man. He really does have grown up conversations sometimes. Little Grandpa!

I'm getting 2 nephews very soon...like weeks from now! Both of my brother's wives are expecting baby boys around the first of September. Our family is super excited about the boys and it's fantastic that they'll be so close in age. I know Robert, Kate, Matt & Megan are excited to finally see and hold Holton & Jackson but I just cannot wait. I cry just thinking about them finally being here. We're blessed to live within driving distance of each of my brothers but at times like these (and even not times like these) I wish we lived even closer.

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. It's been fun and I've enjoyed it. I've made curtains, crib sheets and crib skirts for both nephews. It will be so cool to see their nurseries decorated with things I've made. I made a nursing cover for both Mamas-to-be and a reusable tote bag for the boys. I even added their names to the bags. :) I hope they'll get a lot of use. I made my first quilt! It's only about a yard long but Josh seems to like it. I'm in the process of cutting out pieces for my newest quilt project and only have about 50 or so left to cut. I need 256 total! I've also been asked to make a t-shirt quilt for a friend. I've gotten the layout done and it looks pretty neat. I have to find interfacing and backing next. I don't have much room in our tiny apartment to work on big projects (the t-shirt quilt takes up my entire living room floor) so that may be the most challenging part. I'm hoping to make real progress on it next week.

David is doing well. He is working hard, as usual and has started taking classes online. He has about 2 years of school left (with no breaks, bless him!). He's done so well at juggling work, school, church and our little family. I know all this hard work will pay off for him in the end. It will be a good thing for him to have a more specialized degree.

My Grandpa & Grandma Hand got an Ipad!!! They also joined Facebook!!! I'm so excited that they'll be able to see all of the photos and videos I post of Josh. We can even facetime with them so we can "see" each other more often.

My Granddaddy Hall is a published author! I can't wait to read his book. It's titled "The Joy of the Harvest" and is an autobiography and the story of his ministry. 

We had a fabulous family vacation a few weeks ago. My cousin and her new hubby were able to join us and my cousin who lives in NY came down and announced he and his wife were expecting this winter! Our family is growing by leaps and bounds these days. :)

Please be in prayer for us Whites over the next few weeks. Specifically next Tuesday afternoon. ;) We're keeping the details quiet for now but next week could bring some big changes for our family and we're cautiously optimistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment