Monday, October 15, 2012

A week at Poppa & Grammy's

This is several weeks old but I've already written it and can't remember everything we did that week without this post. We have the internet at the new place now and I'm trying to catch up with what's been going on since the move. :) 


After a weekend together we took David back to my Uncle & Aunt's house for another week apart. Since we had packed so much of our stuff up Josh and I went to spend a week with my parents before the big move to Raleigh. On our way to Gasburg we stopped in Youngsville to visit with Robert, Kate & baby Holton. It had been almost a week since we'd seen them and I was anxious to love on that baby! :)


This is Holton's serious face.
Josh asked to hold Holt and was so gentle with him. Then he was ready to play! He went outside with Robert (whom Josh calls "Dude") and did some guy stuff while Kate, Holt and I visited. That sweet Holt is so precious. He is a good baby and Mama says it's like looking at Robert when he was a baby. I see some of Kate in him and he's changing every day. Either way, he's adorable!


Kisses for baby Holt
Josh holding Holton

After a bite to eat and a little visit we hit the road to Gasburg. Josh told me on the way there "I love staying at Grammy's house" and he really does. He's so busy and follows Poppa & Grammy around like a little shadow. If Poppa is eating something, Josh wants to eat some, too. If Grammy is cooking, Josh wants to help. If Poppa goes outside, Josh follows right behind. If Grammy is doing school work, Josh gets his papers out to "work" beside her. If Poppa goes downstairs, so does Josh. He loves playing outside on the swingset and chasing Dixie around. I've written about the small group of deer that have been visiting the yard lately. They've very curious and don't seem to be bothered by any of the human noise coming from the house and yard. A few times last week Josh came running inside to drag us all outside to look at the baby deer! :)


Josh the Lion!


Watching a crazy looking spider on a rainy day

Dixie was looking for rabbits, deer, or squirrels.





My handsome kid!


The gate is the "turn around spot"


Dixie loves chasing lizards

The deer came out to visit


My Grandpa & Grandma Hand were at my parents when we got there. They had come for the weekend to visit each of the new great-grandsons and we got to see them before they left on Monday. They followed us over to Matt, Megan & Jackson's to visit with them before heading home. Grandma got some snuggles in before heading home.

Great-grandma Hand and Jackson




Josh and Sadie played together

Jackson and I played together :)

Josh and baby Jackson


We had a wonderful week at my parent's home. We spent most of the day with Megan & Jackson on Monday. Tuesday we just lazed around and did a few other things around the house. I made a big pot of potato soup and Matt, Megan & Jackson came and ate dinner with us. It rained all day Wednesday so we put on comfy clothes and laid around the house. We took lunch to Grammy at work on Thursday and went to Roanoke Rapids to eat Mexican food and Sweet Frog frozen yogurt. We slept in Friday, had breakfast for lunch and got to visit with both brothers, their wives and BOTH of my nephews!!! :) I was one happy Hen. No one was happier than Grammy, though. She had all of her grand kids in her lap at once and was in heaven!

Grammy and ALL of her boys!

We left Friday afternoon to head back to Greenville and meet David with the moving truck. It was a wonderful week and I'm glad we were blessed to have the opportunity to make those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment