Saturday, October 20, 2012

Joshisms





-- Josh was wrestling with Uncle Matt and as usual it was getting pretty rough. Megan asked Matt to be careful and Josh (as he's being pinned down) says to her "Us just wrestlin', Mae Mae. Don't worry 'bout it." Matt said "Tell Mae Mae that this is just what boys do." Josh said "Boys do dis sometimes." :)

-- We were at Daddy & Mama's when a bad storm came through. Josh heard the weather report of a "Tornado Watch" and when Daddy came in the room Josh said "Poppa, us is on a potato watch." 

-- Josh pronounces the word "penguin" a little funny.  It sounds more like "ping-one". The other day we were watching The Cat in the Hat and Josh heard the word penguin. He turns to me and said "Penguin, pengtwo." (ping-one, ping-two....) 

-- Josh was sent downstairs to wash his hands so he could help make dinner. On the way back up he realized he had to use the potty. I reminded him to wash his hands again after using the potty. His reply: "But, I'm not gonna touch my penis, though." 

-- David was out of town for a few days on a big job for work. I was talking with him on the phone and asked what the business they were installing phones for (over 100 phones!) was going to do without phones in the meantime. Josh, always listening, said "Mom, meantime or nicetime?"

-- Josh loves to play Superhero and we never know which Superhero will show up around here. The other day he came stomping over and said "I'm Hulch!" (Hulk)

-- We were all at the park and David said to me "We need to work on getting another kid." Josh (again, always listening!) looked at him and asked "A Spanish kid?!" (He thinks it's amazing when he hears someone speaking Spanish. I've been trying to teach him what I remember from High School.)


No comments:

Post a Comment