Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Busy Day

Today was a busy day! I left the house around 8:30 so that I could try to find a parking spot close-ish to my class but that didn't work so I had to walk 1/2 a mile again! I don't mind the walking, but I have to walk across a field (that needed to be mowed and was wet!) and then across a parking lot just waiting to be paved (I don't know what the hold up is on that...I think it should have been done BEFORE school started!). Anyway, I walked....and I made it to class on time! Then, with about 20 minutes of class time left, some random man walks up to our door and says "There's a gas leak. They want everybody out." So we all look around at each other, kinda wild-eyed, and are all packing our book bags as we're leaving the building. We didn't know if the leak was in the building or outside, so we excited the building @ the nearest exit and ended up walking TOWARD the gas leak! They moved us around to the back of the building and we stood there for a while, then they moved us behind the next building and we stood there a while. Then a man came up and said "The leak is worse than they thought, you all need to get further back." So we all trudged across the road to the next building's parking lot. By this time, they were re-routing ALL traffic from Memorial Dr & Firetower through PCC's campus and students were trying to leave and no one was moving and Engine 5 kept driving by and it was just crazy. I'm glad they finally got the leak under control and no one got blown up. It turns out that the guys working on the road accidentally cut the main line which PCC's building full of labs is connected to so they wanted us out. I think there should have been a siren, or intercom announcement or something other than some guy running door to door. They sent out a campus wide e-mail but we weren't sitting around checking our e-mails, we were in class! It was chaos....and I don't like chaos.

I was late to my next class b/c they wouldn't let us leave the parking lot. I think they thought we'd try to go back into the building. It's a computer class and I was only in there 10 minutes so I walked back across campus to find out if the leak would keep us from having BIO lab. It didn't.... :( I had lab from 12-2:50 and since I've already had BIO 163, it was all review for me. I was bored....but I should have great grades! :)

I worked from 5-9 and was bored there too. Now I'm home and going to get some dinner. My tummy's hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment