Thursday, August 14, 2008

Campfires, Babies & Sandy Feet!

So I haven't really blogged a lot before. I decided to start this b/c Dave and I are going to be going through some exciting and stressful stuff here pretty soon. This is a good way for both of our families (and our friends) to stay updated with all the going-ons of our baby persuit and maybe an outlet for me. :)

I start classes again tomorrow. I'm a little excited and definately ready. I only have 4 classes and am done by 12 everyday but wed. That works well with my work schedule. The only down side about school starting again is that I'll be closing at work a lot now which means not a lot of David and Lynn time. I've been out of town for 2 weeks and haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with David. I am looking forward to spending a few hours just the 2 of us this weekend.


I went camping at Goose Point will my cousin, Tiffany last week. She has been in Haiti for the past 3 months and we spent a few days getting away from everyone. We stayed in our Grandparent's camper. Grandmom came up for dinner 2 nights. It was fun and relaxing!
















Then after 2 days home, I left Dave again for the beach. We had a great time with the fam and I LOVE the beach so I was happy. :)














Most of you (whoever you are!) know that we're trying to start growing our family and we have to do IUI (intrauterine incemination) to do it. We're at the point where we're counting down the days until the procedure! I mean, we're like less than 2 weeks away! We're SOSOSOSOSO excited but also a little nervous. I'm worried that it won't "stick" the first time and we'll have to do this all over again. After trying for 4 years, we're ready to be over and done with all this! :) Now that we have a plan, we're feeling a lot better about our chances. As far as we know, I should have no problems, but it's still a little nerve wrecking for us.

At the beach, we had church at the house. Chris played his guitar and led the 9 of us in some songs. It was wonderful! So intimate and real. Then, after Dad spoke a short mini-sermon, they all prayed for me and David. Dad, Mom, Uncle Doug, Aunt Bonnie, Matt, Megan, Tiffany & Christopher all stood around me and put their hands on me and prayed that the Lord would be with us during the procedures and would bless us with a baby. It was such a sweet time of fellowship and love with my family. Very sweet.


So now it's in the Lord's very capable hands and I am not allowed to worry about it! :) But you're free to pray about it please! :)


I guess that's all for now. Time to get ready for work.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you two--we know you are going to be wonderful parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked Dave the other day at church how things were going with baby. I could tell he was really excited that the time is getting closer! Hope all works well. Glad you came over to blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl i am so happy to see you on blogger....And you know that we are praying for you- how much more time do you have before you have the procedure...brent and i would love to have you over and pray with you guys.
    Check out our blog -- well mostly Jake
    ttp://myersfamilyonthego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete