Saturday, August 22, 2009

But I don't wanna go home!!!

Man, this week has gone by waaaay too quickly. It's not fair that vacation goes by so fast and every other week just creeps by. Oh well, I guess time does really fly when you're having fun. ;) And we have been having fun. Our family is funny. Not in a bad way. We're just funny. My Dad and Uncle Doug (Mama's brother) have been friends since they were kids. My Mama and Aunt Bonnie have been friends just as long. Friends married friends (a week apart!!) and I've had a lifetime of laughter ever since. Doug and my Dad are just crazy together. I joked with Bonnie that when we put those two in a nursing home, the staff will be calling us to come take them back!

And we'll now pause for a quick baby feeding session. ;)

Okay, that feeding session turned into a day or so. Oh well.

We're back home now. Josh has been sleepy this afternoon. I think the driving makes him a little sick to his tummy . He sleeps a lot after we make a long trip. We all took naps from about 3:30 till 7 and then Josh ate and went back to sleep. I'm not waking him for his bath. I'll just let him sleep. That will give me a chance to start laundry and put things away.

I didn't realize until we got home this evening that when you hold Josh's hands and pull him to a sitting position, he will stand up on his own!! Megan had been doing this with him all week but I thought she was pulling him up to standing. I can't believe it!!! I'm now in the market for an excer-saucer. :) I know he's young, but I think he'd enjoy hanging around in one. He's doing so much better with head control and it would be great practice for him. I have a feeling we'll be skipping the crawling stage (like I did) and go straight to walking. We took a video of him today "walking" down the hallway to David. If you hold his hands and stand him on the floor, he'll take steps like he's going somewhere. It's insane. Time to baby-proof the house!! :)

Alright, off to do more laundry and find something to eat. Our cupboards are so bare. We got milk and bread tonight and have a few things in the freezer we can scrape together.

No comments:

Post a Comment