Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Boy Bed

We've been toying with the idea of making Josh's crib a toddler bed for the past week or so. He is newly potty trained (yippeee!) and while I'm glad for that, the transition from crib to toddler bed was just too much for my Mama heart to handle. :) But, I've gotten braver and since Josh agreed never to leave me, I figured sleeping in a big boy bed would be a good compromise. (Don't even say it Mother, he is NEVER leaving me!)


We borrowed a bed rail from the Myers' and Josh helped his Daddy take the side rail off this evening. I took some photos and Josh took some photos. Most importantly, no one cried! 


Last time in his crib!

Are you going to document EVERYTHING???

He was excited & tried to get in bed before it was put back together.

Josh's messy room (taken by Josh)

Josh's messy Mama (taken by Josh)

An action shot of Daddy (taken by Josh)


Look, Mama's NOT crying!

Taking a break for a little horn playing.

(Yes, it's a part to a breast pump...we're BF friendly around here)
Making sure the construction is sound.

Time to get in!


I LOVE this one!

Telling Daddy "way" (go away)

Getting out

Cheese!

This posing stuff is annoying!

Getting in...

Getting out...
Getting in....

Test, test.


Getting out!


I'm hoping he does well tonight. He's used to standing in his crib and did a few times tonight after the rail came off. He wasn't sure how to get out of the bed at first and asked for help. We told him it was like getting off of the couch. He really could use a stool to get in and out. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment