Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Joshisms



-- Josh saw something amazing today and said "Well, damn!" I was shocked and asked where he heard it. He said someone on TV said it. Anyway...I explained that it was a bad word and we didn't use those words in this house. My very literal child replied, "What about outside?" *sigh*

-- I took Josh into the dressing room with me a few weeks ago while I tried on a few things. Ever the encourager, he said "That looks flabulous, Mom!"

-- Claire came for the weekend over Easter and brought Josh some freeze pops. On the way home from church he said "Let's go home and eat some ice pockles!"

-- While we made lunch on Easter Sunday, Josh ate some pineapple that had been on the ham. He really likes fruit and when I asked if the pineapple was good, he said "Yes. I like the spiky apples better." (English is hard and pineapples have no business being called any kind of apple! It's too confusing!)

-- On our way to the zoo last week with Poppa & Grammy (I'm working on a post about that), Josh and Grammy were having great discussions in the back seat. I overheard Grammy ask Josh if he ever cries. "Yes," he said "When I yong sometimes water comes out." (yawn)

-- Josh and I went with Mama to visit Grandad and Grandmom last week. Josh and Grandmom had a discussion about false teeth and it was quite hilarious. He didn't seem like he was sure about the whole idea but it made quite an impression on him. Later that evening as we all got ready to go to bed Josh told Grandmom a scary ghost story. It went something like this: "One night. One spooky night, there was witches and all their teeth can come out. And their heart got big and big and that's how they got witchy. I'm serious! And when their heart gets small, they get nice and nice and nice."

-- While playing the piano at Grandmom's, Josh made up a song called "Witches of the Bible."

-- "Mom, I don't like meatballs. I'm sorry, but God just made me like that. It is serious and I just don't like them!"

-- Josh saw a Weight Watcher's commercial with Jennifer Hudson on it and said "Man, she is screeeaaaming!"

-- While eating supper outside one evening, we had the rope lights plugged it and it was all cute and festive. Josh said "The lights are so pretty. I wanna put them in my tummy." I told him that if he did he would glow like Rudolph and when he pooped it would be glow poop. He said "That could be cool!"

-- Upon hearing a cricket outside: "I'm mad at that cricket. He hurts my feelings. That singing makes me go nuts."



No comments:

Post a Comment