Monday, September 15, 2008

5 weeks!

We're officially @ the 5 week mark. I'm still feeling great. No sickness (yet!) and the only things that really turn my stomach are raw meat (mostly steak and ground beef) and ketchup. My brain has left my body and my poor husband thinks I'm going crazy. He just makes the strangest faces at me! So far, everything is going really well. :) Our first official doctor's appointment is next Monday (the 22nd). We'll be seeing a midwife. I haven't decided if we should see them the whole time or just see the Dr. I'm leaning toward just seeing the midwife but don't know much about all that business. What do you think?

David went to his second interview today. He said it went really well and they told him they'd let him know something soon. They have to go through the la-ti-da and interview everybody who applied. Some of them are not already working for the company and David was told that they probably wouldn't hire someone from outside the company. I'm so anxious for David to find out. Hopefully he'll hear something next week.

We're leaving for Statesville after my 12:30 class on Thursday. We'll be super busy with all of Robert & Kate's wedding festivities. I hope I have enough nice dresses (that fit!) for all the luncheons and brunches. I can't believe my little brothers are all grown up and married! They make me feel old. :) I'm VERY proud of both of them and all they've accomplished this past year. Ok, I have to quit now before I cry on the keyboard and it shorts out.

I'm going to go find something healthy to eat for dinner. Becky, I'm ready for that menu anytime! ;) haha

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED MY MIDWIFE IN NORFOLK!!!!! I told Chris I want to go back to them with our next kiddo...that's how much we liked them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu is in the works, my dear. I have to get past this exam tomorrow and I should have some time to work on it :)

    Also, I was talking to Kim E. about her pregnancy with Noah today. She had an AWFUL experience. Her midwife almost killed her - she hit an artery when she sewed her back up and Kim had a lot of internal bleeding and stuff. It was BAD. She said that she will NEVER go to another midwife and that the lady that messed her up is still practicing. If you do go with a midwife, you should at least make sure that she isn't the one that Kim had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we please find out which one Kim had? It would put me at ease!!!! You know, since I'm seeing them as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I think we've decided to see midwives too. I won't be @ church Sunday but I'll ask her next time I see her (unless you ask first!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went with the docs from day one and felt great about it---especially when i got sick...it all comes down to you being comfortable with what you choose

    ReplyDelete