Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Did I mention I don't like waiting?

I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I'm lazy and haven't felt like it. I have been busy with school and work so that'll be the other reason why. :)
Things are good at the White House. David is working like crazy. He likes it and it keeps him busy. He's got a job interview Friday at 3 pm for a new position at Suddenlink. Please pray about that! He says he's nervous but I know he'll do fine. Only two other guys applied for the position and David is the most qualified. He's not dissatisfied with what he's doing now, just would like to do something different if he could. It would also be a step up in the company and that would be great!
School is good. I still hate my nutrition and sociology teachers. Ok, maybe not hate.....strongly dislike?! Very strongly. Haha. A&P is going well. I like the teacher for that class. She makes learning the material fun and compliments us when we work hard. I like it when teachers do that. Especially after sitting in lab for 3 hours! I don't just strongly dislike lab, I hate it.

Lauren (a former youth grouper of ours) moved in 2 apartments down from us last weekend. It's been nice to have her around. She's a sweet girl and a hard worker!

Today's day 11 since the baby procedure. I'm tired of waiting. I don't like waiting. Everything is fine though. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to feel physically (seeing as how I've never been pregnant before). I have just been feeling normal and don't know if I should take it as a good sign or a bad one. I've had a few symptoms....but they're also symptoms of pms so they kinda count eachother out. I've been tired and my brain seemed to have gone on vacation last week but that could be because I'm stressed or worried. I think about it too much. It's hard not to. 4 years is a long time to want something and I know God has a plan and we'll have to wait on His timing but I'm just tired. I'm not giving up, I'm just a little blue about it all.

David and I went to Cape Lookout on Labor Day. It was a good trip. We rode the ferry over (which explains the crazy hair!) and got to see the lighthouse. This made the 5th lighthouse we've seen together out of the 7 in NC! I think it's my new favorite (I say that every time). Here are some pictures from the day:

Cape Lookout Lighthouse

David standing in the doorway of the Oil Shed (where lightkeepers kept the oil for the lamps)

Me and David :)

On the way home, David spotted a kitten by the side of the road. We pulled over and rescued her. I couldn't believe she hadn't been hit or anything. I had some bread left over from our picnic and she ate it before we could get to the vet's office! She was a hungry baby...and LOUD!! She couldn't be more than a few weeks old and already has the meow thing down pat! My friend Sandy adopted her. :)

Looking forward to Friday....for lots of reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment