Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby scare

I have been having some cramping the past few days which I know is normal but I've also been having a very sharp pain very low on the left side of my pelvis. I was worried that this might be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy and didn't want to worry about it for 2 weeks until my doctor's appointment so I called and they asked me to come in today to make sure everything was alright.

It is! My doctor reassured me that the sharp pains were fairly normal until the 10th week of pregnancy and that it was caused by what's left of the egg shell (or something like that) producing progesterone until the placenta is developed enough to do so. They did an ultrasound to make sure my ovaries didn't have any cysts or anything. Everything looked great.

Here's the first pictures of our baby! Actually, it's just the sac that the ball of cells we're calling a baby is in! :)


2 comments:

  1. It's very normal and very scary too! I'm glad you decided to go in to be seen--I know you feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen! God is so good!
    Love you!!!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete