Sunday, September 16, 2012

My week with Josh


Josh and I have been at home alone since Monday night. David started his new job Monday and has been staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Raleigh. I planned a fun week for just the two of us and we enjoyed doing whatever we wanted all week. 

Tuesday we slept in, had a lunch date at "Chick-of-lay," took dinner to the Joneses, went to the park and visited with The Andersons. It was a good, relaxing day. 

Wednesday we visited the Accidental Artist and painted some pottery! I painted a platter to hang at our new home and Josh chose a jet to put in his new room. He loves all things art so he was in hog heaven! He chose his colors and went to town. He was so focused and intentional in his work. He saw that I was using purple and added that to his palette, too. When he was just about finished I asked if he wanted to paint the wheels black. He decided he did so we got the black paint out. He did a great job painting just the wheels and not getting any black paint on the rest of the plane. Then he decided he wanted the bottom of his plane to be black. So I told him he could paint it however he wanted to. He started painting and then decided he did NOT want the bottom to be black. So he repainted with the different colors. Before he was done the bottom was black again and the top is multicolored. Josh was finished way before I was so he picked out a tile to paint as well. They'll make it into a coaster for him and he's excited to have his own special place to put his cup. :) We'll be able to pick them up after 12 tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how they look all finished. We also got Josh some new kicks Wednesday. He says they're fast and he has worn them all day since he got them. They're a size 10 and look HUGE. Maybe that means he'll be tall. ;)



I am not artistic at all....I mean AT ALL. The most I can do is color. :) I was nervous about the writing and almost just did polka dots or something. I asked the artsy fartsy girl who works there about it and almost asked if she could just write it on for me. She said they had gotten a bunch of new fonts and asked if I wanted to pick one to trace onto the pottery. Yes!! Picking a font was the hardest part. There were way too many for an indecisive girl like me. I finally decided on one and she printed it out for me. We got it spaced like I wanted and I traced onto tissue paper. Then I traced over the tissue paper onto the platter. The sharpie bled through the tissue paper and onto the platter. Then I traced the sharpie with a paint pen. It took a while (which is why Josh got to paint 2 things...) but I really liked the end result. I cannot wait to see it completed!

"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." --Romans 12:12

Thursday was lazy day. We laid around, I did some laundry, we watched a movie or two. We went to dinner with our friend, Will. 

Friday was the busiest day. We headed to Raleigh to check out Pullen Park before our scheduled tour at Childtime and going to see David. We had never been to this park before and we were missing a lot! I think we'll be regular visitors when we move. Josh had a blast (and so did I!) and the lunch we had was delicious. We rode the carousel twice and the train once. Josh played on the swings, playground and sand pit. He roamed all over the park and was in constant motion the whole time we were there. We didn't spend much time on the pond side of the park but we can explore the whole park next time. 


And this is the latest favorite pose...

That lemonade was delicious!
 
Asking lots of questions about the train while we waited.

This is about the time we found out my cousins, Chris & Beth are having a BOY in Feb. :)

He was scoping out which animal he wanted to ride.

ROAARRR!!!!!

I wanted to ride this one but it was too far away from Josh. Maybe next time. :)

Waving to the train

He wasn't really impressed with the caboose.

"fixing" my house

His imagination is awesome.

Spiderman, spiderman...

"Look, I'm spiderman!"

When I told Joshua we could come back to this park every week after we move he smiled really big and gave me a fist bump. :) I can't wait to bring David and spend some time here as a family. It doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a city and it's nice and clean. The food from the cafe is delicious and reasonably priced. Josh said he wanted to bring Jackson and Holton next time. We'll have to talk to their Mamas and plan a play date! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment