Friday, November 2, 2012

Joshisms



-- I was putting Josh to bed one night last week and he asked for the iPad to listen to his "sleeping songs." It was out in the car so David went to get it. While he was gone Josh looked at me and said "So, let's talk..." Guess he couldn't handle the silence! :)

-- In a moment of whining I asked him to stop acting like a baby and talk like a big kid. He responded "I'm not baby, I'm big kid. See? I have big pants!"

-- We saw a man outside using a leaf blower that looks like a back pack. Josh stared for a minute and asked "Does him have a jet pack?!!" (We play a lot of Jet pack Joyride around here.)

-- While riding around town Josh saw a church building and asked "Is that a real church building or a 'tend one?"

-- Josh has befriended one of the maintenance guys here at our complex. His name is Joel and he is from Austria or somewhere. He has a very thick accent (I love it!) and is sometimes hard to understand. Josh loves to talk to him and Mr Joel always waves and hollers hello when he sees Josh. It's really sweet. After a fairly long conversation last week we were walking back to our apartment and Josh said "He is real funny." I agreed and asked "Do you understand what he says?" Josh laughed and said "NO!!" :)

-- "I love you Mom, but you just little bit strong. Dad is reaallllyyyy strong."

-- Upon bringing me a q-tip: "I need to brush my ears out."

-- David and Josh were playing and David was saying "Wheeeeee!" to which Josh responded "All way to home!"

-- "Dat's kerrific!" (terrific)

-- While trick-or-treating this week we stopped by a house with a porch light on. Josh went up and rang the doorbell as he had done several times already. He waited very patiently but no one came. We called him back and told him that maybe no one was home. At the next house, a very friendly lady answered the door. Instead of saying "Trick or treat" Josh said "Us went to that other house but nobody was there!" (She was very sympathetic.) ;)

-- Every time someone answered their door on Halloween Josh would say "Trick-or-Treating!" 

-- David was talking to me about something and Josh (who is always listening!) said "Gosh-lee!" (Golly)

-- While playing at Marbles yesterday Josh was making a pizza for me. He said "What kind pizza you want? Peppermint? Okay!" :)

-- Me: I think we should go to Sweet Frog with Poppa tomorrow, what do you think? Josh: We can. If you be a good listener we can go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment