Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

I'm not doing the daily thanks thing on FB but I'm still very thankful for so many things. I was reading through my old blog posts earlier and came upon this one during a hard time for our little family. It was how I felt at the time and it's still how I feel. I've added a few things and taken a few things away but right here and now, this is what I'm thankful for:


My life is so good. My little family is healthy. Josh is growing and learning. He's such a happy kid and is the joy of my life. He is such a joy to be around and I love spending time with him. He makes everything more fun and fantastic. We have lots of good conversations and learn something new every day. He has his Daddy's love of sports and movies and his Mama's love of music and spending time together. He's thoughtful and kind. He's smart and eager to please. He's mature for his age and his comprehension is out of this world (and always has been). He's the most wonderful 3 (and a half!) year old I've ever known and our lives are richer because of him. The Lord has blessed us beyond measure with Joshua. I couldn't have asked for a better fit for our family.



David is a wonderful husband and daddy. I love watching my two guys together. I love them so much it hurts. David is working hard at his new job and has completed 5 certifications in less than 60 days all while maintaining straight A's in school and keeping up with us crazies at home. He works so hard all the time. He's goofy and fun and is a perfect partner in parenting Josh. (He's the fun parent. ;)) He's kind and helpful. He always sees the good in others and has more patience than I'll ever have. He's mostly the total opposite of myself but it seems to work somehow. I love him, and I don't care who knows it! 


Photo by Megan Hand
My parents are happy and healthy. Daddy stays busy at work, serving the lost and visiting the sick. He ministers to more than just the people in the pews on Sunday morning. Best of all, he doesn't just preach the Word, he lives it, too. Mama is insanely busy but she somehow manages to get it all done. She works at the elementary school and is also finishing school herself (again....some more...). She works behind the scenes at church and teaches Sunday School. She's the perfect helpmate for Daddy. They're both encouraging and caring. And even though I don't feel like I've done anything to deserve it, they tell me they're proud of me. 



My brothers both have dangerous jobs and thus far, have been spared from major injury. That in itself is a major blessing. Robert loves being a firefighter and is good at it. He wouldn't want you to know, but he's a big softy. I love watching him play with Joshua. He has a son, Holton, and is a fabulous Daddy. He's tender and tough at the same time. I am proud of him and his commitment to our Lord, his wife and his fellow firefighters. His wife, Kate is so sweet. I'm so thankful that she loves my brother as much as she does. She's a great Mama and Holton is blessed to have them both. Holton is a blessing to Robert, Kate, and our entire family. He's an answer to prayer and just could not be any cuter! He's serious, but smiley and looks just like his Daddy. I'm happy that we live close to them and I get to watch him grow up.


Photo by Megan Hand
Photo by Matt Hand
Matthew enjoys being a state trooper and even though it still blows my mind to think of my baby brother doing some of the things he does while working, I am so proud of him. He loves the Lord and his family and is strong and soft at the same time. He's an awesome Uncle and I like watching him and Josh play together. His baby boy, Jackson, makes him mushy. :) He's an amazing Daddy. Megan, his wife, is such a good match for him. I enjoy her company very much. It's nice to have sisters. :) She's smart and thoughtful and is a great Mama. Jackson is a blessing to them and our family. He's calm and loves to snuggle. He's got amazing dimples!



My grandparents (all 4 of them) are alive and well. Granddaddy is still preaching revivals all over the country (and even the world!). Grandmama is a loyal helpmate for him, a prayer warrior and they're both such a blessing to me. 


Photo by Megan Hand
Photo by Megan Hand





















Grandpa is wise and a hard worker. Grandma is quiet and strong. She's soothing to my soul by just being around her. 



All of my Uncles, Aunts and cousins are happy and thriving. Tiffany and Jeff live here in Raleigh and are so much fun. They're a perfect match for each other and they spoil my kid! 


Photo by Doug Hall
Chris and Beth are in NY and are GONNA HAVE A BABY!!! They're the most adorable couple and will be terrific parents. 



Jake is a Marine and is currently in Oklahoma. He gets to come home for Thanksgiving and I'm thrilled he does. It will do him good to be home for a couple of nights. 



Luke is also a Marine and will begin training to become a VA State Trooper in February. I couldn't be more proud of them. 



Emily is a student at UNC-G and is so smart and beautiful. She has a heart for the Lord and it shows. She's basically fantastic and she has a fantastic fella.



We live all across NC, VA & NY and as many times as we've run the roads to get together, none of us have ever had an accident on the road. That's amazing, really. I am so blessed to have been born into this family and wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment