Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Over the river and through the woods....

Josh and I ran away to Grandma's house this week. I'm blessed to have both sets of grandparents still alive and doing well. I have many wonderful memories of my great-grandparents (5 of my 8 great-grandparents were living when I was born) and I want Josh to spend time with his great-grandparents, too. They are such good examples of Christ followers and what family, faith & marriage should be.

We came to Grandpa & Grandma Hand's Sunday evening and have spent a few days here. We got to have lunch with my Aunt Sissy & my cousin Luke. We'll go visit Granddad & Grandmama Hall tomorrow, spend a couple of days there, and make a day trip to Greensboro to have lunch with my cousin, Emily on Thursday. We'll head back home Friday to get a few errands & chores done before our friends, the Woolards, come Saturday evening. (The Woolard kids are coming with their Daddy & Mama this time so we're excited about that!!)

We miss David but he was scheduled to be out of town for work so it worked out fine. His trip was cut short and he's back home but he'll be able to get schoolwork done uninterrupted while we're away. ;)

I'm taking lots of pictures of Josh and the Greats so be prepared for a photo-heavy post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment